|Can't Swallow Pills
Mar 28, 2009
My partner cannot swallow pills, On truvada and others, the Oral Suspensions are not available as of yet. Is there something that can ease the taste of the crushed med, it's the only way to get it in his body. I am on Atripola and it is working really well. Both of us are HIV poz for over 25 years apiece.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Peanut butter and chocolate milk sometimes can coat the throat to make some meds more palatable. He may need to see a psychologist to work on the swallowing problem. In some cases I have had a feeding tube placed (through skin into stomach) to allow for meds to be given in patients who cannot swallow crucual medications. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.