|HIV and hip replacement
Mar 23, 2009
I am going to have hip replacement surgery. I am HIV+. I am told that I will need to take antibiotics after the surgery to prevent infection. Is this common? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Antibiotics are often given shortly before hip replacement surgery as prophylaxis. Use of routine antibiotics after routine uncomplicated hip replacement surgery may be up to the individual surgeon (variability in practice). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.