Mar 23, 2009
Gud day good Dr. i would like to know, my cdc has always been below 200. had previous PCP history. could i still take FLU, HEPA B & A , and PNUEMONIA vaccine even if my cdc4 is low . my doctors encourage me to have it but it contradicts to some articles i read on computer.vaccines should be taken when cdc4 is above 200... is that right?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The efficacy (benefit) of vaccines is less with a CD4 count < 200 than seen in persons with CD4 count >> 200 but it may help and is unlikely to cause any problem so many experts recommend vaccination (no complete consensus on that as you mention). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Swallowing Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.