Scared to take meds if drunk

Hi there, May I say that this is an excellent forum!

I was diagnosed in February 2009. My cd4 count was 298, Viral load 3000. I was advised to start meds - Truvada and Stocrin (Sustiva)immediately for the best possible future. I am on the meds now but have in the past been a heavy whisky drinker - I have been trying to control this. The other night I had far too much (more than 500ml) and was scared to take my meds for fear of an adverse reaction. I know that adherence is crucial. Obviously I should control my drinking, but what should I do in a situation like this? Should I still take the meds even though I am very drunk - or should I skip it for that night? Thanks for all your advice to everyone on here.

Generally OK to take Truvada + Stocrin after drinking alcohol-as a habit better to take meds regularly than off and on depending on alcohol consumption. Possibly could have excessive central nervous side effects with efavirenz after drinking perhaps more so if eating lots of fatty foods while drinking. KH

Herbal Interactions With Meds
Scared of side effects