New to treatment

Hi, my CD4 three months ago was 179cp and last week was 75cp! and the viral load was 447000. I knew i am already in a risk so I hurried to an infecious Dr and he asked me to begin treatment directly. He asked me to take three pills of Lamivir 150mg and three pills of Zidovir-100 (monring and night) I decided to take it at 10am and 10 pm. In addition to one stocrin pill before going to sleep. Actually i am taking it at 10:30pm or 11:00pm.

I began this treatment on Monday 3/2/2009 and till now when i wake up I feel very tired, dizziness, and i feel my head is very heavy and can NOT concentrate esp. in my work as a web programmer. And today i felt my heart is beating quickly with a shake in my hands.

Q#1: Does my schedule look fine? Q#2: How long it will take me to feel very normal and get rid of these side effects and work normally? Any advices? Many Thanks

You are describing fairly typical central nervous system (brain) side effects of the Stocrine (efavirenz). Those symptoms (fatigue, lack of concentration ) occur in a high percentage of persons on Stocrine during the first weeks (often with sleep problems and/or strange dreams) and then taper so that by 4 weeks perhaps only < 10% of patients note ongoing annoying problems. Your schedule seems fine. No easy treatment to minimize the hopefully transient side effects. I would keep your HIV doc appraised of the symptoms as well. KH

Side Effects of Atripla
Sustiva - manic depression?