mixing drugs

I have a friend who is a 28 year old male whom has been on Sustiva, combivir for about 8 years now. However, he has been hardcore on methamphetamines in the last 6 months as well. Only in the last week has he started talking random, out landish talk. Example: He walked in the other night and said, "omg, is that a shadow?..I didnt realize people had shadows at night". He is more than intelligent and I was wondering if the effect of the drugs is taking its toll? thank you.

Crystal meth use is well known to cause CNS problems such as you describe-unlikely to be a new side effect of his HIV meds after 8 years though the Sustiva could aggravate the CNS effects of some drugs of abuse. KH

Skin
very very woried please advise