Mar 3, 2009
I have a friend who is a 28 year old male whom has been on Sustiva, combivir for about 8 years now. However, he has been hardcore on methamphetamines in the last 6 months as well. Only in the last week has he started talking random, out landish talk. Example: He walked in the other night and said, "omg, is that a shadow?..I didnt realize people had shadows at night". He is more than intelligent and I was wondering if the effect of the drugs is taking its toll? thank you.
Response from Dr. Henry
Crystal meth use is well known to cause CNS problems such as you describe-unlikely to be a new side effect of his HIV meds after 8 years though the Sustiva could aggravate the CNS effects of some drugs of abuse. KH
very very woried please advise
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.