Rash - RP

Hi Doc

I have been on hiv meds for one year now. I am on Truvada, Novir, and Reyataz. My cd4 numbers as of last week 640, 31%, and non detectable for one year. Early on during the first two weeks of meds I developed a mild case of rash that only lasted around one week. One year later I have noticed a mild case of sporatic rash on my chest, upper arms and upper back. I recently got a bad sunburn during vacation in FL. I am wondering if the rash could be from the sunburn or if one year later my meds could be causing the rash, a common side effect of hiv meds. Is it possible that after one year on meds rash could occur from the meds? The rash itches, but it is tolerable. Please advise. Thanks you.

It would be very unusual for your combination of meds to suddenly be causing a rash after one year of use so would look for another explanation. KH

Muscle and Joint Pain -- Intelence
vision problems