ARV's and Herbs
Mar 1, 2009
I want to know which herbs are not to be used when on ARV'
Response from Dr. Henry
Garlic, St Johns wort, and grapefruit extract can interfere with the effectiveness of protease inhibitors. There is very little formal data with other herbs but general use seems OK but need to let your HIV provider know what you are taking so you can be monitored appropriately. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Sore Throat?
- Is Diarrhea An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.