|Fast CD4 fall
Mar 1, 2009
Hi dr Henry,
I was diagnosed in 29 dec 2008, my first test CD4 count in 5th january were 550. Now I tested yesterday and they are 320. How is this possible - fall of 230 CD4 cells in 40 days?
My CD4 count is 326, percentage is 18%. Is that good or bad percentage? My CD8 count are 1218 and percentage 67%.
Could be a bad test, should I retest again?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The CD4 count is quite variable (bounces up and down)even in the same person. Check the % for the first CD4 count (that often does not vary as much). I often would test again and evaluate clinical status and HIV level before getting into a discussion about start antiretroviral therapy (if patient is interested). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.