Fast CD4 fall

Hi dr Henry,

I was diagnosed in 29 dec 2008, my first test CD4 count in 5th january were 550. Now I tested yesterday and they are 320. How is this possible - fall of 230 CD4 cells in 40 days?

My CD4 count is 326, percentage is 18%. Is that good or bad percentage? My CD8 count are 1218 and percentage 67%.

Could be a bad test, should I retest again?

The CD4 count is quite variable (bounces up and down)even in the same person. Check the % for the first CD4 count (that often does not vary as much). I often would test again and evaluate clinical status and HIV level before getting into a discussion about start antiretroviral therapy (if patient is interested). KH

lipohypertropy
lastest hiv treatment gene therapies