l forget to take my meds, now resistance

Hi Dr Keith,

l am on meds but always seem to not take the meds on time,

the main reason is that l work shift work and hide my meds at work, and sometimes l am that busy l forget to take them,

l have developed reisitance and looking for a new compo, but its the second time in 5 years l have developed resistance,

l have told my doctor l am having a break of one month of meds, to sort myself out,

l want to be healthy and dont want to get sick,

Dr Keith when do you think the next stage of more durable less toxic hiv meds will be in our local drug store ???

thank you garry

I don't generally recommend stopping meds altogether-that often can make clinical picture and resistance worse. You need to get a resistance test if that is available where you live and make sure you are seeing an HIV specialist to evaluate what is your next best regimen depending what drugs are available where you live. In the US there are a number of good drugs available that can treat resistant virus and they are often well tolerated. KH

Fatigue and loosing my body
could this lead to a cure for HIV ???