Feb 25, 2009
My husband just started taking meds. He is on Atripla. Every night when he takes the meds he gets an immediate erection. It does not last long. Is that a normal side effect?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have not had any patient in our clinic report erections when starting Atripla though the efavirenz in Atripla is well known to cause sa variety of central nervous system side effects so I would guess that erections could be a part of that spectrum. Erections immediately after taking Atripa has not been reported very often -if any reader wants to comment please do so! KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Giving Handjob How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Mutual Masturbation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Biting
- Should I Get Tested After Touching Toilet Seat?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.