Neuropathy and Muscular/Joint Pain

I was diagnosed in August, 07 and started Truvada/Kaletra when I was in the hospital due to very intense illness during conversion. I became undetectable within about 3 months and my CD4 count ranges anywhere from 500-800. About 2 months ago I began to experience neuropathy, numbness in my toes and tingling in both feet and hands AND severe muscular aching and fatigue. My doctor stopped my HART treatment to try and determine if the meds were causing the problem. What is the likelihood that these symptoms are med related and is it possible that HIV is the culprit. Is it possible that the meds have caused a vitamin or mineral deficiency that is contributing to the problem? I'm at a loss as is my doctor and I am currently seeking an new physician who will be more pro-active with my treatment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ted

Peripheral neuropathy would rarely be due to one of the drugs in Truvada/Kaletra but does occur. Switching to alternative meds is often preferred to keep HIV under control (important if HIV a major factor in the neuropathy and to minimize any HIV related clinical problems)while looking for other possible causes (diabetes, compression syndromes, et cetera). A good neurologist often is very helpful in sorting out possible contributing factors. KH

Lypodystrophy dialema
Atripla Erection