Feb 20, 2009
dr keith i would like to ask, im taking prophilaxis for 7 months now for PCP.but lately, sometimes i forgot to take it.. on and off. so would i develop drug resistance to it? should prophilaxis be taken without a miss? pls help. thank you god bless
Response from Dr. Henry
Though not encouraged, missing occasional doses of PCP prophylaxis meds does not usually lead to resistance to their effectiveness (in fact some use 3 times a week double strength TMP/SMX for PCP prophylaxis). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid
- What Is The Risk Of Sharing A Razor?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.