|rash on face
Feb 18, 2009
I was diagnosed in 2003, and have had sucess with the meds ive been on, but suddenly deveoped a rash on my face. I take Atripla, any suggestions?
Response from Dr. Henry
Many conditions can cause facial rash in HIV+ pxs including common ones like seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, and roscea. Certain rashes (such as blistering lesions or onde involving eyes or mouth) care very serious and need to be evaluated immediately.It would be unusual for an Atripla related rash to be limited to the face. The exact location and character of the rash as well as other medical history are important factors to consider in making a diagnosis. Most HIV specialist are fairly adept at assessing facial rashes. When I am uncertain I refer to a dermatologist with interest/experience in HIV. KH
Resistance to Atripla
Slow Healing of Wound
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.