Feb 14, 2009
I AM HIV POSITIVE.WHEN I HAD SEX BEFORE 5 MONTHS. DO I START MEDICINES.WHITCH TREAMENT IS GOOD FOR HIV.
Response from Dr. Henry
You need to see an HIV specialist who needs to perform a history and physical examination and perhaps some lab tests (key test is often the CD4 count). The decision to treat depends on a number of factors but if there is evidence for clinical damage from the HIV virus, anything suggesting AIDS, or a low CD4 count (< 200-350 depending on where you are) then treatment is advised if available where you are located. Attention to good nutrition, safe sex, and other medical conditions is also advised. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Symptoms Of Hiv How Long Until You Notice Signs
- Hiv Transmission From Vaginal Fluid During Frottage
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.