Feb 8, 2009
I just started on HAART and I am having some side effects. I feel my brain is cooking, insonia,etc... Will this pass? I have been 6 days on sustiva/lamivudine/zidovudine...????
Response from Dr. Henry
Ouch-sounds like you are having efavirenz related side effects. They usually diminish over the first several weeks. Perhaps only 5-10% of patients continue to have annoying central nervous side effects after the first 4-6 wks on efavirenz.I would discuss with your HIV doc and discuss whether you need to be seen or would benefit from some symtom related therapy for a short while. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.