HIV + Skin Issues

Hi I am an African American diagnosed HIV+ in 2005 I have been on Atripla since 2007 I have 2 skin issues the first something that appears like small Hives on stomach back and upper arms they do not itch I also have a dark mark on the head of my penis that has been slowly spreading (about a year)to the shaft the edge is slightly raised I have been to my doctor as well as a dermatologist I was told the hive like rash on stomach/back/arms is fungal and after taking a biopsy of the mark on my penis I was told it was probably due to the HIV medication I was prescribed several topical creams as well as body shampoo and over a year later it looks worse I am thinking about trying another dermatologist but would like your advise its hard enough living with HIV without having this constant reminder and embarrasement all over my body PLEASE HELP

Occasionally I have seen dark spots appear on the skin (usually palms and soles of feet) in African American pxs taking Atripla (most likely due to the FTC or emtricitabine). If the drug is possibly contributing then a switch to an alternative regimen may be worth a trial for 6 months to observe what happens with your skin problem. KH

Rapid CD 4 count drop in 5 months
is it ok to take atripla and hydroxycut