|opiates and HIV medication
Feb 6, 2009
My daughter does not take any other drugs then her HIV meds and when she had a UA she was found to have opiates in her system. Is it possible the opiates are found in the meds?
Response from Dr. Henry
Efavirenz can sometimes cause a false positive test for drugs (usually marijuana)--I am not awawre of any consistent link between a particular HIV drug and a falso positive test for opiate narcotics. If any reader knows of a reference on this subject please post. KH
HCG after steriod cycle am on PEP will it affect the drugs effectiveness?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Rubbing Penis
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.