opiates and HIV medication
Feb 6, 2009
My daughter does not take any other drugs then her HIV meds and when she had a UA she was found to have opiates in her system. Is it possible the opiates are found in the meds?
Response from Dr. Henry
Efavirenz can sometimes cause a false positive test for drugs (usually marijuana)--I am not awawre of any consistent link between a particular HIV drug and a falso positive test for opiate narcotics. If any reader knows of a reference on this subject please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Healthy After 10 Years With Hiv No Treatment
- Pros And Con Of Mandatory Hiv Testing
- Hiv Infection Risk From Kissing An Hiv Positive Man
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Outside The Host's Body?
- Is Having A Lower Back Pain An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Without An Outbreak Can You Give Someone Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.