Ringing noise in my ears

Hi Dr. Thanks for the beautiful site and your assistance. I am HIV+ for about four months now, I started with Combivir+Stockrin for two months and I switched to Truvada+ Stcockrin since; I am undetectable <40, CD4 630 and CD% 42, I have just noticed about few days ago a permanent noise (ringing) in my ears, is this a side effect of the med? Or something that HIV+ peoples will experience down the line? Or nothing to do with both and I should look for some other causes? is it treatable or something more serious to worry about. Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) if fairly common in the general population and is often enigmatic. Many ear conditions such as Meniere's disease can cause it. A full ear evaluation including audiology and sometimes scanning (CT or MRI) is often necessary to sort out. I have had occasional HIV+ patients who developed ringing in the ears seemingly linked to a given HIV regimen or drug. In most cases the symptoms cleared without changing the meds or did not change in character after a drug switch. I have had a couple of patients whose tinnitus seemed to improve after switching off 3TC or FTC (FTC in your Truvada) but I am still uncertain whether the drug was the culprit. KH

memory lapse as side effects of atripla
side effects