Depression & Insomnia

Hello Dr.KH I been on Katetra & Truvada for 5 months. my labs are cd4 564,VL not detected , no other health issues . My concern is about Depression & Insomnia due to this combo . This one of the side effect? Thanks

Depression and insomnia are not commonly linked to use of Kaletra/Truvada. Since those conditions are common in the general population and perhaps even more common in HIV+ persons linking to a drug in isolated cases can be difficult. I have used your regimen in many patients some of whom have some degree of depression/insomnia but usually not related to the HIV meds. In a few cases switching to an alternative regimen on a trial basis may be worthwhile to try and pin down whether a drug is a major factor. Psychologic and/or sleep health assessment is recommended to identify other contributing factors. KH

How good is this new hiv drug ???
fish oil and truvada/sustiva