Jan 16, 2009
Can I stop taking combivir after taking it for a year
Response from Dr. Henry
If you are HIV+ Combivir by itself is not usually recommended (instead used as a part of an at least 3 drug regimen). HIV drugs are not curative so stopping treatment leads to a return of pre-treatment viral levels and usually a steady drop in CD4 count. You should discuss with na HIV specialist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.