Jan 14, 2009
i was told that, i have to take atripla on an emtpy stomach, how long before or after can i eat again. i dont know when my stomach is empty. and i dont know when i can eat after i take atriplia
| Response from Dr. Henry
The recommendation to take Atripla on an empty stomach relates to the effect of a fatty meal on increasing the absorption of efavirenz (can increase peak blood levels by up to 50%) leading possibly to increased side effects. That issue is more of a problem during first weeks of treatment and is less of a problem > 4 weeks. Atripla can usually be taken OK after a non-fatty meal or snack or several hours after a fatty meal or snack. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.