Sex Drive/ Impotence

Sirs, ever since I discovered I was positive I've noticed my libido has dropped off the charts, even before taking the Meds. Presently, I have no confidence that an erection acn be achieved or sustained. Could HIV be the cause? What will help...hormone therapy?

Decreased libido in the setting of recently diagnosed HIV infection is fairly common and is often related at least in part to emotional/psychologic/concern about transmission factors. There is a high rate of low testosterone levels seen in HIV+ men for reasons that are unclear to me but that can contribute to decreased libido. A discussion with your HIV specialist about what steps to take is recommended. KH

prpphilaxis issues
PN Cause Determination