|Sex Drive/ Impotence
Jan 14, 2009
Sirs, ever since I discovered I was positive I've noticed my libido has dropped off the charts, even before taking the Meds. Presently, I have no confidence that an erection acn be achieved or sustained. Could HIV be the cause? What will help...hormone therapy?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Decreased libido in the setting of recently diagnosed HIV infection is fairly common and is often related at least in part to emotional/psychologic/concern about transmission factors. There is a high rate of low testosterone levels seen in HIV+ men for reasons that are unclear to me but that can contribute to decreased libido. A discussion with your HIV specialist about what steps to take is recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.