Atripla and flu like symptoms

Hi Doc,

I have been on Atripla for 3 weeks now and have achieved a VL drop from 12,000 copies to 208 copies and CD4 of 1030 at initial blood test.

All good news but I'm a little concerned as my inital improvements in wellbeing have been replaced with general flu like symptoms, sore throat and tiredness. Are these to do with adjusting to the meds still or the immune reconstitution and if so, can I expect these symptoms to pass?

Thanks!

Ash

Those non specific symptoms are often hard to clearly associate with one of the components of Atripla (fatigue due to efavirenz for 2-4 weeks common) and can often be due to other conditions (such as viral infections) or as you mention the non specific effects of immune reconstitution. KH

Itchy Palms
Hair loss