what is in my cheeks..?

Dear Doc JB,

I have this white nerve-lines both in my cheeks (78 days to present) that produces white sticky paste. The paste will stick betweeen the lining on my teeth and gums (upper and lower gums.) There are white sticky paste every woking up in the morning and ten minutes after having toothbrushing my mouth. Addition: my tongue also are covered w/ white coating too.

May I ask what is this white sticky paste called?? is it candidiasis? plaques? what is this called? (no soreness or ulceration so far) Had you dealed a peatient having this abovementioned problem?

Hope for you kind answer. Thank you. John

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The white plaques you describe could be one of several problems. Probably thrush, or candidiasis, is most common. Your health care provider could take a look and make the diagnosis, and treatment with a drug like fluconazole (Diflucan) should clear it up in a couple of days. The other possibilities could include hairy leukoplakia and periodontal disease. I would encourage you to see your health care provider as soon as possible. Good luck!

Going Crazy!
Maximum time of the HIV antibody production?