|fat in the neck
Dec 23, 2008
i need to have this removed makes me look oled and not attractive and is hurting my esteem
| Response from Dr. Henry
Excess neck fat seen in the setting of HIV infection and/or treatment is a part of the lipodystrophy syndrome. Switching HIV meds sometimes helps some. Sometimes plastic surgeons can remove fat depending on location and circumstances but often fairly expensive and often not covered by insurance. Would discuss options with your HIV specialist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom Leak
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Anal Fisting
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Are White Spots An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.