Atripla questions

Hi, I started taking Atripla 11 days ago now. I had the initial drunk feeling and odd dreams the first couple of nights and then that all went away. However, the last 3 nights between 6pm and before I go to bed around midnight, I'm having these rather distubing episodes or rushes of anxiety that make me feel like i'm going to jump out of my skin. ( A little dramatic but it is really bothering me). My heart beats kind a funny and this rush of jitters and anxiety comes over me and makes me feel very unpleasant. Could this still be initial side effects from the drugs? Have you heard of such a thing with Atripla and newbies? Thanks, C M

Sounds most likely that you are still having efavirenz related central nervous system side effects. I would inform your HIV specialist to see if he/she wants to recommend any treatment for those symptoms (hopefully will fade over the next several weeks to a tolerable levels). I have had a number of patients experience similar symptoms-most noted improvement over several weeks and were able to continue on efavirenz (or Atripla). KH

Is Andractim avaliable in the US?
Atripla and Hives