LASIK Impossible for HIV patients?

I see that Dr. Conway has answered a question, stating that LASIK surgery is fine for newly diagnosed HIV patients who will never progress to AIDS. I just returned from a LASIK doctor's office, where a staffer told me that the FDA prohibits them from operating on any patient with HIV. He gave two reasons: 1) The risk of eye infection that the body cannot fight is too great. 2) The surgery will do no good anyway because the eyes always revert over time to their original state in HIV/AIDS patients.

Is there anything to what this man told me, or is he just blowing smoke because the doctor chooses not to take the risk? Reason #2 really sounds incredulous to me.

I have had dozens of HIV+ patients undergo LAKIK surgery in Minnesota without problems-the advice from that doctor's office is incorrect and inappropriate. KH

pain
Viagra & HIV Medecine