does the H.I.V. cocktail damage the heart

My nephew now on H.I.V. therapy for many years just had a heart attack. Although I am certain part of the problem is smoking,is the other problem the meds. for H.I.V.?

Heart problems are very common in the general population with smoking one of the major risk factors. There has been a modest link to certain HIV meds though their contribution to risk generally much less than the standard risk factors (such as age, smoking, exercise levels, family history, cholesterol, diabetes). Untreated HIV infection may also increase risk for heart disease which is an area of current research and clinical interest. KH

Pep follow up
Is it possible?