Intelence and dementia?

My doctor recently switched me from Atripla to a combination of Intelence and Truvada, mostly due to weight loss and continuing fatigue I experienced on Atripla after almost a half-year of treatment. Thus far, my new combination doesn't make me groggy in the morning, like the Sustiva component of Atripla did, which is great. However, a positive friend told me he had heard that regimens without Sustiva are more likely to allow the brain to progress to dementia. Is there any truth to that claim? Thank you.

I haven't seen much on central nervous effectiveness of etravirine. Though there are concerns about whether HIV regimens that are effective in the blood also are effective at shutting down HIV in the brain, in general persons with undetectable HIV levels in blood and a decent CD4 count (>>200) are doing well brain-wise. I am not aware that data exists that shows that Sustiva is particularly brain protective compared to either etravirine or other currently used regimens. KH

Strange rash
Nausea