Strange rash

Hi, I have been diagnosed with HIV for about 10 months and on Truvada and Kalatra and I have this really irritating rash on my face, chest, back, and neck and the skin feel very tight and it becomes flaky and sheds and the more I wash my face the tighter my skin feels. What do you think it can be and should I tell my doctor?

Skin problems/rashes are very common in the general population and increased further in HIV+ persons. Seborrhea, eosinophilic folliculitis, and eczema (dry skin with flaking) are all fairly common in HIV+ persons. Washing alone often aggravates those conditions. I would discuss with your HIV specialist and/or see a dermatologist to try and make a diagnosis and be offered treatment. KH

The Atripla Dreams
Intelence and dementia?