The Atripla Dreams

Hey Doc,

Has there been any study that shows any successful way to control the ultra vivid dreams that the sustiva portion of Atripla gives? Also in your experience if a person is 6 months into therapy and is still having these dreams that they are here to stay? The other side effects took quite some time to fade and the dreams faded as well but they came back and now seem to be a part of my nightly ritual even tho I never eat within 2 hours of bed time. Are there any other suggestions?

In my experience a high percentage of persons who have efavirenz-related dreams at 6 months continue to experience that effect indefinitely. Some patients switch to AM dosing with a decrease in the problem, some try a sleeping pill, some switch to an alternative HIV drug, and many continue to put up with that side effect. KH

Sustiva the cause of diminished sperm production
Strange rash