Sustiva the cause of diminished sperm production

I have taken sustiva for with combivir since 2000. Fter the first 6 months my sperm production decreased until now it is non existent. My dctor for many years told me that the drugs could not cause this. Two years ago I started going to a new doctor and he said their has been evidence that sustiva can cause sperm supresion and depletion. This doctor change my meds to Intellence and Truvada andfelt that this should resolve the situation but has not. Can you give me the truth about this. Most important what can I do about turning around the no sperm production.

Thank You, Jerry

HIV infection may decrease sperm production in some patients. The effect of individual HIV drugs is unclear since there are scattered reports but no consistent data linking any one drug to clearly decreased sperm production. Nutrition status, diabetes, history of epididymitis, hormone levels (ie testosterone), and non-HIV drugs can contribute. Referral to a urologist or reproductive medicine consultant is often useful. KH

lypoatrophy and drug change
The Atripla Dreams