Dec 12, 2008
a friend of mine is experiencing blindness in the left eye, and the doctor said is an effect of ARV please how can this problem be solved.
Response from Dr. Henry
Some patients with advanced AIDS can develop an immune reconstitution response when starting effective antiretroviral therapy. That occurs particularly in patients who have a pre-existing AIDS related infection involving the eye. Many AIDS related conditions can also involve the eye as can non-AIDS related problems so sometimes no clear if problem is caused by the body's response to HIV treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.