Dec 10, 2008
I have recently been diagnosed as HIV+ and am currently taking Atripla. I am experiencing some sleep problems. Would taking melatonin help or does will it react with the medication?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Melatonin (often 3 mg dose) variably helps some patients sleep better. Should be OK to use with efavirenz (in Atripla)-I have some pxs who have taken melatonin with Atripla with no side effects but uncertain benefit. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Melatonin Benefits And Hiv
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.