|Symptoms of drug resistance
Dec 6, 2008
Thank you for helping thousands of people like us doctor.I would like to ask how do we determine or what are the signs and symptoms if we are developing drug resistance to the ARV meds we are taking? what are the things to consider when we already need to change meds? thank you so much!
Response from Dr. Henry
Generally there are no symptoms when drug resistance develops . The key marker is HIV level which will start increasing even if drugs are taken properly. Later the CD4 count may stop increasing and/or start falling and then depending on the CD4 range there would be increased risk for HIV -related health problems (both AIDS and non-AIDS conditions). KH
ED no semen at all
Atripla & Diarrhea
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- When Does Leukoplakia Show Up In Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.