gynecomastia question

Dear. Doctor , A few days ago a dermatologist diagnosed me with mild gynecomastia and suggested lipo. ( I asked him to look at my chest) I don;t want lipo and want to know what you might think I might do. History.. Sustiva and or atripla since 2000. Always done well on it.. Free and total testosterone always in the low normal range.. Never have taken testosterone or steroids..Never had my estrogen levels tested. Never being resistant to any meds, would you consider getting off the atripla bec the sustiva might be causing this.. I'm not totally sure that it is gynecomastia.. Perhaps 20 lbs of wt loss would fix this.. currently 6 ft and 200. I always remember having some fatty chest since my teens.. Thank you for you input.. Luke

I don't have much confidence that switching off efavirenz would clearly reduce the gynecomastia. Similarly I am not sure that providing testosterone supplementation would help either. Weight loss and/or exercise is a good/safe place to start an intervention with observation. KH

HIV/TB and Pregnancy
Buffalo Hump Removal