HIV/TB and Pregnancy
Dec 3, 2008
I am on atripla and in the six month of taking tb treatment am remaining with two months to finish the treatment. I want to have another child/Pregnant but I want to start preparing for the pregnancy from January 2009. How do I go about it with atripla in the blood? Advise on CD 4 count as well what level?
Response from Dr. Henry
I would recommend first finishing your TB therapy and then considering a switch to an alternative HIV regimen that would be safer to use during a pregnancy (often a boosted PI regimen-sometimes nevirapine as an option as well). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.