I have something like liverspots on arms and back

I started getting darkspots on my arms and then got really sick. I found out that I was HIV postive and after receiving ART (Truvada and reyataz) it dissappeared in about 2 months. I went off medication for about a year and a half and they came back on my arms and I have now started back on (Truvada and kaletra) for about 7 months but I have not seen them dissapear yet, I was sent to a dermatologist who has me using cutivate and elidel for my face and it lightened a little but not much. They thought I had lupus but after biopsy it was "post inflammatory hyperpigmentation" Do you know what this might be? My doctor who is an hiv specialist does not know what it is, that is why they sent me to the dermatologist.

Dark spots as you describe are not common with your HIV regimens so tough to ascribe them to one of the drugs. Emtricitabine can occasionally cause dark pigmentation but generally in palms/soles in dark skinned individuals. KH

rash
joint /muscle pain