|PML - what T cell count is associated with it?
Dec 3, 2008
What T cell count is associated with PML? I have HIV and I have been diagnosed with birdshot retinopathy, an autoimmune, inflammatory condition that causes blindness. I am currently on cycosporine and my doctors recommend adding CellCept to further suppress my immune system to hopefully cause remission of the birdshot by treating me with this combination for two years. My viral load is below detection, and my CD4 count is about 650. My nadir T cell count was 60, fourteen years ago when I had PCP. I am afraid of getting PML from the CellCept. Do you know at what T cell count people usually develop PML? For example, we take PCP prophylaxis once T cells drop below 200. Is there a T cell count which puts me at risk for PML? Thanking you in advance.
|Response from Dr. Henry|
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.