Ready to change meds

Keith,

First of all I would like to thank you for all your help lately your a god send and really help.

I am ready to change from Combivir, Sustiva to Atripla after a recommendation from my doc as I have experienced stomach cramps and IBS since starting my meds and its really got me down and effected my standard of living...

My questions are: the doc said when I change to take my combivir as normal on a morning then take atripla on a night when i would usually take my sustiva and 2nd combivir, is that ok as reading on your site it said not to take atripla with other HIV meds - also in your experience what is the chances that changing to atripla will relieve my gut and IBS symptoms?

My main worry is also that by changing I get initial side effects such as nausia, diorreah, vomiting - as I am already on HIV treatment and sustiva is still in atripla is initial side effects less likely from changing?

I really hope this change in meds will improve things for me so I can feel I have control of my life again!

I agree with the dosing recommendation from your doctor. The gut symptoms you describe could improve with the switch to Atripla -that is hard to predict and quite variable with many factors leading to gut symptoms even in the general population. KH

What Meds Next
PML - what T cell count is associated with it?