minor (!) issue

Hi Dr., I am currently on Atripla (started about a month ago) and I have noticed that my semen has become very watery and colorless. Is this a known side effect, or should I worry about it?

Thanks!

Change is the characteristics of semen quality as you report due to use of Atripla has not been noted as a frequently observed issue in the literature nor in patients in our clinic. There are scattered reports and patients anecdotal stories about change in semen after starting various regimens but no consistent theme has emerged. If any reader is aware of any report in the literature please post. Many factors contribute to semen characteristics (which often vary in the same individual over time already) so often hard to pin down to a particular drug. KH

muscle soreness or fatigue
Tested negative