muscle soreness or fatigue

I have been on nevirapine in conjunction with other drugs - I think at the moment tenofovir - for over 10 years, and have experienced a kind of muscle fatigue or soreness in my legs, which is an adjunt to my major concern, and the reason for question, and that is that due to the repetitous nature of my work, where I do a lot of lifting, I have acquired chronic medical epicondylitis, and more recently lateral epicondylitis...I have not found any information pertaining to the medication, but there is reference to muscle inflammation in people with HIV - something my doctor has never mentioned to me...what are your thoughts?...could my arm muscle complaints be just due to the repetition of my work, or might there be something else going on?...I know the nevirapine is a relatively new drug, and the side affects may not be all that well documented, so it does make me wonder...thanks, Rohan.

Nevirapine and tenofovir rarely cause direct muscle problems such as myopathy (sometimes seen with AZT for example). Actually nevirapine has been available for a long time so the lack of reported muscle damage from long term use the drug is very reassuring. Blood tests are available that can assess whether any muscle irritation is occuring (in some cases a muscle biopsy is needed for diagnosis). Muscle aching is common in the generally population and often is related to repeated stress on the muscles/tendons. KH

ATRIPLA AND BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
minor (!) issue