Resuming Meds??

Hello. I have been HIV positive for 10 plus years. Now at AIDS stage , numbers 7/180K. Been off meds for over two years without many complications. Dr. wants to put me on Truvada and Reltegravir. I have read and am concerned that going back on medication will possibly do more harm than good allowing certain conditions to emerge. I am 52 in a lousy marriage and honestly do not care much about a long future. So the cautions on the meds say they could induce illness ( guess if immune system responds then there is a good chance of that). I know everyone advises taking and staying on medication but if I am well enough without why should I start again and risk all the down side. Thanks...

Suffering from a variety of AIDS -related conditions is a terrible process so I would advise trying one of the newer regimens under the supervision of an HIV specialist. Many of the newer regimens are better tolerated that the older regimens. I have had overall very good experience with how well patients do on the newer meds even in the setting of advanced AIDS. KH

Changing Meds?
diarrhea and HIV meds