Changing Me 2 Atripla

I went for my quartly check up recently and my doctor recommended a change in medication from combivir and efaranez to atripla as my stats are all perfect, virus undetectable, i have never missed a dose in 4 years, and it means going form 3 pills daily to 1...

I have always suffered gut problem since starting meds so that maybe another reason for a change, he told me that i should get little side effects as the 2 meds are similar and that he is very confident atripla will work just as well if not better than my current regime and if for some reason i am not happy or i do get some side effects then i can always switch back!

From speaking with nurses in clinic they say everyone they know how has switched to this or started it has had no problems and its a great regime - i just worry by switching i will develop more side effects with this, how likely is that?

I am excited as hopefully it relieves my gut symptoms at the same time and 1 pill instead of 3 is appealing...

All i need is reassurance that atripla will work, keep my stats gr8, and that side effects will be minimal - i dont mind the crazy dreams from efaranez which i sometimes still get now, as they can be quite erotic at times so it can be like watching free porn hahaha :)

What you have heard is true. Most patients switching to Atripla tolerate it the same or better than Combivir + Sustiva often with less stomach side effects. Close monitoring during the switch period if a good idea. KH

test show fall
Empty Stomach