test show fall

Hi Doctor, I started medicine on 29th December 2007, at that time my CD4 count was 219 and after 5 months that is in may 2008 it was 375 but I did it again in month of September 2008 it was 360 and again I did it in this month that is November exactly after one month it is now 288, can you tell me why its falling now as it was increasing in the beginning and why CD4 is falling, as I had taken all my medicine on time to time with out missing any dose. Does this mean medicine is not working or this is normal, is there anything to scared about or any new action has to be taken? According to my doctor he says this is normal and we should wait for another six months and we will have another CD4 test after six months. So please guide me with situation. Regards

CD4 response to effective antiretroviral viral therapy can be variable (that tests bounces around alot to begin with). Perhaps 20% of patients have slow/minimal response even when the drugs are working fine from the HIV standpoint. The direct effect of antiretroviral therapy is a drop in the viral load which is the best measure of whether the drugs are working. Often one does need to be patient as you heard from your HIV doctor. KH

Swollen and numb Feet
Changing Me 2 Atripla