blood pressure

I am nearly at my wits end with this blood pressure thing at present and need some advice.I am on Nevirapine and Truvada,T'Cls are 750, VL is Non detectable,Liver function is perfect and so is Kidneys and cholestorole. My GP has tried me on diferent meds for blood pressure,am taking Atacand 32mg and Coversyl 10mg and it won,t budge.I have tried these meds alone on diferrent strengths and now taking both to see if it will shift it.Im starting to lose faith in my GP.My Hiv specialist has left the blood pressure up to the GP. Can you advise please.{Australia}

Nevirapine + Truvada usually has minimal effect on blood pressure unless there is some degree of kidney abnormality. Hypertension can often be very challenging to control even in the general population. Both of the drugs you are taking interfere with angiotensin converting enzyme. Sometimes one needs to use blood pressure drugs with varying mechanisms of action including beta blockers, diuretics, calcium channel blockers and others. When I have a px with difficult to control blood pressure I often refer for a renal or cardiology evaluation to see if I am missing some underlying problem or need to change meds. KH

dizzyness
combivir and side effects, how long do they last?