kidney stones

Hi I take norvir, reyataz 300, ziagen and retrovir. My problem is that I have had kidney stones 2x in the past 6 mos. Does the meds or hiv cause kidney stones.

Kidney stones occur fairly commonly in the general population with some genetic tendencies within families. Examination of general health and kidney status and of a stone for calcium, urate, or atazanavir is recommended (Reyataz or atazanavir can cause kidney stones is small % of patients). In my experience I have seen 2 patients develop stones likely due to atazanavir (out of many hundreds on the drug)which did not recur when atazanavir was switched to an alternative drug. KH

itching feet
Frequent urination after atripla