Seroconversion and treatment

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago and I was probably infected 3 months ago since not all bands are present on the Western blot. Now I'm waiting for the PCR viral load results. CD4 600 (25%). My doctor is not convinced to begin treatment due to the guidelines which indicate a start at 350 cells. But some studies indicate that beginning early in the first stages of infection would bring benefits. Should I insist on starting treatment? I'm very confused.

Data from studies and clinical experience is not definitive so no firm answer on whether to treat during primary infection. Overall the pendulum for treatment is swinging towards earlier use of ART. If you were symptomatic or have a dropping CD4 count towards < 500, I tend to recommend treatment in settings where patient is also interested and has access to potent ART. KH

Atripla Side Effects
Sperm Production