Nov 14, 2008
Can Truvada and Nervirapine stop blood pressure tablets from working effective.Am trying different types of meds to bring it down.
Response from Dr. Henry
Truvada and nevirapine generally don't interfere with the effectiveness of blood pressure medications though details about which blood pressure meds would be helpful. Blood pressure is often challenging to treat in the general population as well. If you have some degree of kidney dysfunction then use of the Truvada needs to be reconsidered both from the dosing standpoint and whether tenofovir could be contributing to kidney problem. KH
RE: HIV cure
why wont you answer?
- What Underlying Conditions Cause Candidiasis?
- How Long Does Hiv Survive On Surfaces?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.